Unfortunately, the internet is loaded with scams for making money online.
Whether you realize it or not it seems to be the easiest place for selling to people gullible about earning money.
Whether it’s because people looking for this type of work are in a vulnerable position due to unusual and unfortunate circumstances that they are easily swayed into thinking this is a gift from above.
So buyer beware, look for the different signs that tell you that all is not on the up and up.
- Sales Page: If the sales is only 1 page and only a video you can be pretty sure they will have an outrageous video of the super rich an how to live the easy life. I have viewed many of them.
- Support: If there is no support from the owner. If you can’t get a reply from an email or support desk in 24 to 48 hours, chances are it’s a scam.
- Guarantee: If there’s a 60 day guarantee, most of those sites are promoting products with very low quality content and not worth the money they are asking for.
- Long Sales Page: If their site is loaded with a hour long video, with all the pluses about the product and it’s owner, they tend to have big egos, so be careful.
- Outrageous Claims: If they sales page is loaded with amazing claims to big money, bigger houses, fancy cars and boats, you can be pretty sure it’s a scam, so run the other way.
- Upsells: If there are a lot of upsells even before you see the product you just paid for, cancel it right away. They are just looking for your money.
Those are some of the ways to determine if a site is a scam. If you’re still undecided look for reviews about the product and there are many sites that will give you an honest review of the product, and you can decide for yourself.
Just for an honest look at internet marketing remember that anything worthwhile in life does not come easy and that’s true of affiliate marketing.
But then you have to really apply yourself, stay up later at night, get up early in the morning and keep yourself motivated all the time, because it does not come as easy as they say. But it can be done with perseverance and determination. Plus the start-up costs are minimal.
So don’t look to the scams to make a quick buck, find a program that let’s you “try before you buy” and see if it’s the right fit for you. There are many out there, some easier to get started with than others.
My recommendation to you.
My recommendation would be to read my review of Wealthy Affiliate and sign up for their Starter program and see what it has to offer. It’s not a get rich quick scheme but an honest program to help you build a profitable and long term business for years to come.
If you have a comment or question about this article I would love to hear from you below.